Today's Chart of the Day is Treehouse Foods (NYSE:THS). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency making sure the stocks had positive gains for the last week and month then panned through the charts. The stock broke out back on 10/11 and since then is up 7.32%.
It is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and food service channels. Its products include pickles and related products; non-dairy powdered coffee creamer; and other food products including aseptic sauces, refrigerated salad dressings, and liquid non-dairy creamer.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 12.78% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.46%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 73.85
- Recently traded at 75.30 with a 50 day moving average of 68.94
- Market Cap $2.73 billion
- P/E 25.24
- Analysts project revenue to be up 4.90% this year and another 10.30% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 11.80% this year, an additional 14.70% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 11.87% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 2 buy, 6 hold and 2 under perform recommendations
- Financial Strength is B++
There have been several Trend Spotter buy signals this year so watch the 50 day moving average for exit points.