The Chart of the Day is Kona Grill (NASDAQ:KONA). I found the stock near the top of the New High List after I sorted for frequency. The stock hit 18 new highs in the last 20 sessions. since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/20 the stock is up 36.13%.
Kona Grill restaurants offer freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm, contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable, dining experience. Kona Grill restaurants serve a diverse selection of mainstream American dishes as well as a variety of appetizers and entrees with an international influence.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average
- 18 new highs and up 43.90% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 92.26%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 15.90
- Recently traded at 16.91 with a 50 day moving average of 12.74
- Market Cap $145.09 million
- P/E 33.27
- Revenue projected to increase 2.40% this year and another 16.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to shrink by 44.40% this year but increase by 36.70% next year and continue to increase annually by 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations
- Financial Strength is C++
Follow the 50 day moving average to determine if the momentum weakens.