The Chart of the Day is The Crane Company (NYSE:CR). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency in the last month and then eliminated those stocks not having positive gains in the last month. Although the gains have been spotty there have been reoccurring Trend Spotter buy signals. Since the last one on 12/4 the stock is up 6.10%.
It is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has five business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, Merchandising Systems, and Controls.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 7.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.53%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 66.74
- Recently traded at 67.12 with a 50 day moving average of 63.85
- Market Cap $3.90 billion
- P/E 16.59
- Dividend yield 1.79%
- Analysts predict revenue will grow 2.60% this year and another 1.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 12.40% this year, an additional 10.10% next year and continue to increase annually by 9.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stocks
- Financial Strength is B+
Although gains have been spotty they have also been consistent. Use the 100 day moving aver4age of this one.