The Chart of the Day is Uranerz Energy (NYSEMKT:URZ). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for frequency in the last month and eliminated the stocks that didn't have positive gains for the last week and month. I always use the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/22 the stock gained 49.52%.
The Company is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of properties in the uranium sector. The Company's goal is to become a producer of uranium which will be utilized as fuel in the world's nuclear electrical generating facilities. Uranerz Energy Corporation has an experienced team of mining personnel, many of whom are former officers, senior management and employees of the original Uranerz Exploration and Mining Limited and related companies. The Company also has an advisory board that consists entirely of ex- Uranerz Group professionals. Uranerz Energy Corporation has expertise in the in-situ recovery mining method.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 38.94% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 85.17%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 1.40
- Recently traded at 1.57 with a 50 day moving average of 1.16
- Market Cap $134.74 million
- Analysts have not made revenue projections
- Earnings are estimated to be down 31.60% this year but increase 92.00% next year
- Wall Street brokerage firms issued 2 strong buy and 4 buy recommendations
- Financial Strength is C++
The stock has been volatile so I'd use the 50 day moving average to gauge weakness,