The Chart of the Day is Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (NYSE:SXL). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for frequency in the last month, skipped the stocks that did not have positive gains for the last week and month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/19 the stock gained 13.87%.
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. is a limited partnership recently formed by Sunoco, Inc. to acquire, own, and operate a geographically diverse and complementary group of refined product and crude oil pipelines and terminal facilities.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 8.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.29%
- Barchatt computes a technical support level at 77.05
- Recently traded at 79.87 with a 50 day moving average of 73.07
- Market Cap $8.29 billion
- P/E 20.97
- Dividend yield 3.40%
- Revenue predicted to grow 23.10% this year and another 11.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease by 18.90% this year, decrease an additional 12.60% next year but over the next 5 year period to increase annually by 12.80%
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 4 buy and 10 hold recommendations
- Financial Strength is B++
This stock has a lot for both momentum and income investors. When looking for an exit point factor in both capital appreciation and dividend income. This is a total return stock.