The Chart of the Day is Alexandria Real Estate Equities (NYSE:ARE). I found the stock near the top of the New High List after I sorted for frequency, skipped the stocks that did not have positive returns for both the last week and month and used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/14 the stock has gained 9.39%.
ARE is a real estate investment trust focused principally on the ownership, operation, management, selective redevelopment, development and acquisition of life science properties. Their properties are designed and improved for lease primarily to institutional, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, life science product, service, biodefense and translational medicine entities, as well as governmental agencies.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 9.88% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.77%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 70.60
- Recently traded at 71.15 with a 50 day moving average of 65.54
- Market Cap $5.10 billion
- P/E 16.08
- Dividend yield 3.85%
- Revenue predicted to increase 12.90% this year and another 10.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.00% this year, an additional 7.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 4.33% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buys, 6 buys and 4 hold recommendations
Recently there has been a flight from growth stocks to income stocks. Remember that the herd is usually going late and in the wrong direction. The market has started to recover so soon the herd may turn the other way, If you have this stock you should hold it and watch the 50 day moving average for weakness and be prepared to return to growth stocks soon.