The Chart of the Day is Equity Lifestyle Properties (NYSE:ELS). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for frequency in the last month, skipped over the stocks that didn't have positive gains for the past week and month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/3 the stock gained 8.37%.
Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc. (ELS) is a self-administered, self-managed, real estate investment trust.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 8.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.25%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 39.07%
- Recently traded at 40.00 with a 50 day moving average of 37.05
- Market Cap $3.33 billion
- P/E 15.55
- Dividend yield 2.52%
- Revenue expected to decrease 3.90% this year but increase again by 2.60% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 28.70% this year, an additional 4.80% next year and continue to increase for the next 5 years at an annual rate of 4.50%
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
Right now there is still a flight from growth stocks to income stocks. I caution you that the herd is usually late to the party so if you have it hold it and look for an exit point when the momentum stops.