The Chart of the Day is Pentair (NYSE:PNR). I found the stock by sorting the All Time New High list for new high frequency in the last month. I eliminated any stocks that do not have positive gains for the last week and month, then used the Flipchart feature to find the charts I like. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/11 the stock gained 7.11%.
PNR is a diversified manufacturer that builds value for stakeholders by acquiring, renewing, and developing manufacturing companies. With $2.76 billion in annual sales, Pentair comprises two core business groups: water technologies and enclosures. Headquartered in Golden Valley,Minnesota, the company employs 13,000 people in more than 53 locations around the world.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 8.43% in the last month
- Relative strength Index 71.93%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 81.89
- Recently traded at 82.81 with a 50 day moving average of 77.33
- Market Cap $16.15 billion
- P/E 25.44
- Dividend yield 1.22%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.40% this year and another 5.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.70% this year, an additional 24.40% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 14.33% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy, 5 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- Financial Strength is B+
Great revenue and earnings projections. Watch the 50 day moving average for weakness and the 100 day moving average of downside protection