The Chart of the Day is Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBI). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month, then skipped the stocks that did not have positive gains for the last week and month. I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/26 the stock gained 5.40%
TCBI's primary subsidiary is Texas Capital Bank, a commercial bank that delivers highly personalized financial services to Texas-based businesses and private client individuals. Headquartered in Dallas, the bank has full-service locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Plano, and San Antonio.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 10.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.29%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 63.18
- Recently traded at 64.81 with a 50 day moving average of 61.35
- Market Cap $2.66 billion
- P/E 23.43
- Revenue predicted to grow 15.60% this year and another 15.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 17.60% this year, an additional 19.10% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 9.71% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buys, 3 buys and 9 hold recommendations on the stock
- Financial strength is B+
A local bank in a fast growing area looks good to me. Use the 50 day moving average for a weakness indicator and the 100 day moving average of signs of weakness.