The Chart of the Day is the Cabot Corp (NYSE:CBT). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High List for new high frequency in the last month and it was right near the top of the list. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/14 the stock gained 13.78%.
CBT is a global specialty chemicals and materials company. Cabot's major products are carbon black, fumed silica, inkjet colorants, and aerogels. Cabot has manufacturing plants located in countries around the world.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 10.21% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.45%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 56.61
- Recently traded at 59.61 with a 50 day moving average of 52.83
- Market Cap $3.82 billion
- P/E 18.03
- Dividend yield 1.40%
- Revenue predicted to grow 7.50% this year and another 6.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 27.10% this year, an additional 22.20% next year and continue to increase by 17.00% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 3 buy and a hold recommendation on the stock
Looks like a good long range investment. Use the 50 day moving average as a warning signal of weakness and the 100 day moving average to signal an exit point.