The Chart of the Day is Auotliv (NYSE:ALV). I found the stock by sorting today's All Time High list for the best technical indicators then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/6 the stock gained 10.41%.
|ALV is a leader in automotive safety, a pioneer in both seatbelts and airbags, and a technology leader with the widest product offering for automotive safety. All the leading automobile manufacturers in the world are its customers.|
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 6.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.13%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 100.35
- Recently traded at 102.92 with a 50 day moving average of 96.33
- Market Cap $ 9.88 billion
- P/E 17.38
- Dividend yield 2.09%
- Revenue predicted to grow 5.50% this year and another 5.80% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 9.50% this year, an additional 14.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 7.48% for he next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts are all over the place with 1 strong buy, 2 buy, 10 hold, 3 under perform and 2 sell recommendations on the stock
As the auto industry recovers this stock should have solid gains. Use the 50 day moving averages as a signal of weakness and the 100 day moving average to preserve profits.