The Chart of the Day is Enerplus Corp (NYSE:ERF). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for new high frequency in the last month then used thew Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/27 the stock gained 11.22% plus pays a 4.43% dividend.
Enerplus Corporation, formerly known as Enerplus Resources, is an independent oil and gas production company with resources across Western Canada and the United States. The Company's resource plays include shallow gas/coal bed methane, tight gas, crude oil waterfloods, Bakken/Tight oil and oil sands located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 13.71% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.82%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 21.81
- Recently traded at 21.90 with a 50 day moving average of 19.96
- Market Cap $4.43 billion
- P/E 30.22
- Dividend yield 4.43%
- Revenue predicted to grow by 43.00% this year and another 6.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.80% this year, an additional 14.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 39.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 buy and a hold recommendation for the stock
Good income stock with price momentum. Gauge as a total return stock.