The Chart of the Day is Clayton Williams Energy (NASDAQ:CWEI). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for new high frequency in the last month then reviewed the charts using the Flipchart feature. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/5 the stock is up 70.72%.
CWEI is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the exploration for and development and production of oil and natural gas primarily in Texas, Louisiana and New Mexico. A significant portion of the company's proved oil and gas reserves are concentrated in the Cretaceous Trend, which extends from south Texas through east Texas, Louisiana and other southern states and includes the Austin Chalk, Buda, and Georgetown formations.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 48.30% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 83.94%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 124.76
- Recently traded at 144.34 with a 50 day moving average of 105.18
- Market Cap $1.76 billion
- P/E 37.95
- Revenue predicted to grow by 16.20% this year and another 14.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 309.30% this year and an additional 43.60% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 4 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock.
Independent oil and gas stocks seem to be trending. They are all volatile so watch the moving averages closely.