The Chart of the Day is Gas Natural (NYSEMKT:EGAS). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/24 the stock gained 11.76% plus pays a generous dividend.
EGAS distributes and sells natural gas to end-use residential, commercial, and industrial customers. It distributes natural gas through regulated utilities operating in Montana, Wyoming, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maine and North Carolina. The Company markets natural gas to commercial and industrial customers in Montana and Wyoming on an unregulated basis. It also has a majority ownership interest in many natural gas producing wells and gas gathering assets. Further, the Company owns the Shoshone interstate and the Glacier gathering pipelines located in Montana and Wyoming.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 11.11% in the last month
- Relative strength Index 73.37%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 10.95
- Recently traded at 11.11 with a 50 day moving average of 10.03
- Market Cap $116.10 million
- P/E 14.17
- Dividend yield 4.89%
- Revenue expected to grow by 4.00% this year and another 3.70% next year
- Although earnings are estimated to be down 9.10% this year, earnings are expected to increase again by 5.70% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
All the oil and gas stock are very volatile. Watch the moving averages very closely as this stock has been up and down all year.