The Chart of the Day is Chesapeake Lodging Trust (NYSE:CHSP). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/22 the stock gained 4.78%.
Chesapeake Lodging Trust is a real estate investment trust. It is a self-advised hotel investment company focused on investments in upper upscale hotels in business, airport, convention markets, and select-service hotels in urban settings or locations in the United States.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 8.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.10%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 27.29
- Recently traded at 28.08 with a 50 day moving average of 26.19
- Market Cap $1.39 billion
- P/E 14.89
- Dividend yield 4.35%
- Revenue expected to grow 12.30% this year and another 7.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 21.30% this year, an additional 31.0% next year and continue to increase annually by 8.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 4 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
The seems to be a flight to dividend paying stocks lately. Watch this one as a total return stock.