The Chart of the Day is Booz Allen Hamilton Holdings (NYSE:BAH). I found the stock by sorting the 52 Week High list for new high frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/22 the stock gained 9.95%.
BAH is engaged in providing management and technology consulting services to the U.S. government in the defense, intelligence and civil markets. Technological services offered by the Company include Cyber technologies, SE&I, Systems development and Strategic technology and innovation. Its major clients include the Department of Defense, all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and civil agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Energy, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of the Treasury and the Environmental Protection Agency.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 11.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.57%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 23.84
- Recently traded at 24.62 with a 50 day moving average of 22.26
- Market Cap $3.50 billion
- P/E 14.21
- Dividend yield 1.67%
- Revenue expected to decrease 4.90% this year and another 2.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 2.40% this year an additional 3.10% next year but increase by a compounded rate of 10.00% for he next 5 tears
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy, 6 hold and a single sell recommendation on the stock
Consulting work is a variable business sector and depending on government contract can be a gamble. Use the 50 day moving average as a signal of weakness and exit at the 100 day moving average.