The Chart of the Day is Amkor Technology (NASDAQ:AMKR). I found the stock by sorting the 52 Week New High List for frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Flipchart feature signaled a buy on 2/21 the stock gained 62.32%.
Amkor is an independent provider of semiconductor packaging and test services. Also, the company a developer of advanced semiconductor packaging and test technology. They offer integrated sets of packaging and test services, which are the final procedures necessary to prepare semiconductor devices for further use. Its customers outsource the packaging and testing of semiconductor chips to the company in order to benefit from the our expertise in the development and implementation.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 33.29% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.75%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 9.06
- Rewcently traded at 9.22 with a 50 day moving average of 7.19
- Market Cap $2.01 billion
- P/E 16.39
- Revenue expected to grow 5.70% this year and another 6.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 25.00% this year, an additional 24.30% next year and continue to increase annually by 12.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
I personally own this stock. I will use the 50 day moving average to gauge weakness and exit on the 100 day moving average