The Chart of the Day is Oiltanking Partners LP (NYSE:OILT). There are many different way to find great stocks on Barchart. Today I used the Signals screen under the Stock tab to find the top 10 performers then sorted them for new high frequency in the last month. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts to find the one I liked best. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy ion 2/26 the stock has gained 40.97%.
OILT is engaged in providing terminaling, storage and transportation of crude oil, refined petroleum products and liquefied petroleum gas. The Company provides its services to integrated oil companies, distributors, marketers and chemical and petrochemical companies. Its assets are located along the upper Gulf Coast of the United States.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 21.14% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 83.19%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 88.82
- Recently traded at 94.52 with a 50 day moving average of 78.90
- Market Cap $2.08 billion
- P/E 35.30
- Dividend yield 2.17%
- Revenue predicted to increase by 24.30% this year and another 22.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.80% this year, an additional 13.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 17.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 5 buy, 4 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
Anything with energy is having a field day recently. Energy stocks can go down just as quickly as they go up. Use a disciplined trading program and use the 50 day moving average as a caution signal and the 100 day moving average to confirm a trend and exit point.