The Chart of the Day is Dorchester Minerals LP (NASDAQ:DMLP). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for new high frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts to find the one I liked. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/7 the stock gained 11.98%.
DMLP engages in the acquisition, ownership, and administration of producing and nonproducing natural gas and crude oil royalty, net profits, and leasehold interests in the United States. The Company owns two categories of properties: the Net Profits Interests and the Royalty Properties, the former representing net profits overriding royalty interests in various properties owned by the operating partnership and the latter comprising of producing and nonproducing mineral, royalty, overriding royalty, net profits, and leasehold interests.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 7.15% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.00%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 28.08
- .Recently traded at 28.61 with a 50 day moving average of 26.98
- Market Cap $877.47 million
- P/E 18.61
- Dividend yield 6.92%
- At the present time no major analysts are following this stock
- On Motley Fool readers voted 187 to 8 that the stock will beat the market
Treat this as a total return stock and consider both capital appreciation and dividend yield to make sure you are getting a positive rate of return.