The Chart of the Day is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to find the chart I liked. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/24 the stock gained 16.14%.
AAPL is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players. The Company's products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and Mac OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a range of accessory, service and support offerings. It sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 12.61% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.14%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 90.98
- Recently traded at 94.13 with a 50 day moving average of 83.10
- Market Cap $84.03 billion
- P/E 15.43
- Dividend yield 2.04%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.30% this year and another 6.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 11.10% this year, an additional 8.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.19% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 15 strong buy, 25 buy, 13 hold and 1 each of under perform and sell
Over on Motley Fool the vote by individual investors for AAPL to beat the market is 28,589 to 2,2294. The more experienced All Stars voted 5,821 to 184 for the same result. Fool lumps analysts and columnists into one category and they voted 66 to 4 for the same result.
When every body's right, then every body's wrong. Apple is very volatile but normally trends up. AAPL will make money; the question is how much? This is a good stock to play the trends and you can make a good chunk of change playing the 100 day moving average on this one.