The Chart of the Day belongs to Dynegy (NYSE:DYN). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for new high frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/17 the stock gained 39.74%.
DYN provides wholesale power, capacity and ancillary services to utilities, cooperatives, municipalities and other energy companies in six states in U.S. regions of the Midwest, the Northeast and the West Coast. It operates in three segments: the Coal segment, the Gas Segment and the Dynegy Northeast Segment.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 13.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.44%
- Barchart computes a technical buy signal at 35.44
- Recently traded at 35.90 with a 50 day moving average of 31.06
- Market Cap $3.60 billion
- Revenue predicted to grow 78.00% this year and another .40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 103.90% this year and an additional 164.30% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 2 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
Long steady price growth. use the 100 day moving average as an exit point.