The Chart of the Day belongs to Chemed (NYSE:CHE). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5.27 the stock gained 8.33%.
CHE is the nation's largest provider of end-of-life hospice care services through its VITAS Healthcare Corporation subsidiary. Chemed also maintains a presence in the residential and commercial repair-and-maintenance industry through two subsidiaries. Roto-Rooter is North America's largest provider of plumbing and drain cleaning services. Service America Network Inc. provides major-appliance and heating/air-conditioning repair, maintenance, and replacement services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20,50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 6.35% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.05%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 93.71
- Recently traded at 96.66 with a 50 day moving average of 89.52
- Market Cap $1.71 billion
- P/E 17.61
- Dividend yield .85%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.80% this year and another 3.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.60% this year, an additional 6.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 15.00% or the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
Watch the 50 day moving average for signs of weakness and exit at the 100 day moving average