The Chart of the Day belongs to Pilgrim's Pride (NYSE:PPC). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for new high frequency in the last month ten used the Flipchart feature to find the charts I liked. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/18 the stock gained 17.51%.
PPC is one of the largest chicken companies in the US, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The company's fresh chicken retail line is sold throughout the US, throughout Puerto Rico, and in the northern and central regions of Mexico. Its prepared chicken products meet the needs of some of the largest customers in the food service industry across the US. Additionally, the Company exports commodity chicken products to over 90 countries. As a vertically integrated company, it controls every phase of the production of its products. The company operates feed mills, hatcheries, processing plants and distribution centers in US, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 26.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.70%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 29.37
- Recently traded at 30.33 with a 50 day moving average of 25.64
- Market Cap $7.86 billion
- P/E 13.11
- Revenue expected to grow 1.70% this year and another 1.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 6.50% this year, decrease another 14.0% next year but increase at an annual overall rate of 9.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
Use the 50 day moving average to gauge signs of weakness and the 100 day moving average to exit.