The Chart of the Day belong to Kodiak Oil (NYSE:KOG). I found the stick by sorting today's New High List for new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the stocks. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/6 the stock gained 22.32%,
KOG is an independent energy exploration and development company. It is focused on exploring, developing and producing oil and natural gas primarily in the Williston Basin in the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 16.33% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.81%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 15.70
- Recently traded at 15.91 with a 50 day moving average of 13.85
- Market Cap $4.24 billion
- P/E 23.68
- Revenue expected to grow 32.30% this year an another 25.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 33.90% this year, an additional 34.20% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 43.95% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 9 buy and 9 hold recommendations on the stock
Watch the 50 and 100 day moving averages and bail at the 100 day moving average.