The Chart of the Day belongs to Skechers (NYSE:SKX). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List of new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/18 the stock gained 14.36%.
SKX designs and markets branded contemporary casual, active, rugged and lifestyle footwear for men, women and children. The Company sells its products to department stores such as Nordstrom, Macy's, Dillards, Robinson's-May and JC Penney and specialty retailers such as Genesco's Journeys and Jarman chains.and the Venator Group's Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker chains, Pacific Sunwear and Footaction U.S.A.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 18.23% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.15%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 52.27
- Recently traded at 54.23 with a 50 day moving average of 47.50
- Market Cap $2.74 billion
- P/E 25.62
- Revenue expected to grow 23.60% this year and another 8.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 118.10% this year, an additional 21.70% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 3 buy, 2 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
As all retail is iffy watch the 50 and 100 day moving averages for sell signals