Owning dividend paying socks is a good strategy to gain income. If an investor owns shares from a company that pays dividends, he can get a check periodically, usually each quarter. The check size depends on how many shares you own? Selecting a dividend paying stock can improve your odds of picking a winner because the companies that pay dividends regularly are consistently making a profit. Here are five dividend paying stocks which you should own in 2013.
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP. (NYSE: KMP)
The company is related to energy and transportation sector in North America. It has five operating business segments: Product Pipelines, Natural Gas Pipelines, carbon dioxide, Terminals and Kinder Morgan Canada. In March 1, 2013, the company acquired the remaining 50% interest in EI Paso Midstream Group Inc. In May 2013, the company acquired the entire share capital of Copano Energy LLC.
The company has a market capitalization of 31.69 Billion, EPS is 2.14, P/E ratio is 38.82 and the dividend yield is 6.25% at the annual dividend payout of 1.30.
EI Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EPB)
EI Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. owns and operates interstate natural gas transportation and terminating facilities. As of December 31, 2011 it owned Wyoming Interstate Company, L.L.C. (WIC), Southern LNG Company, L.L.C. (SLNG), Elba Express Company, L.L.C. (Elba Express), Southern Natural Gas Company, L.L.C. (SNG) and an 86% interest in Colorado Interstate Gas Company, L.L.C. Corporation (EI Paso). In March 1, 2013, EI Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EI Paso Pipeline), a unit of EI Paso Corp, acquired the remaining 14% stake in Colorado Interstate Gas Company, L.L.C.
It has a market capitalization of 9.26 Billion, EPS is 2.19, P/E ratio is 19.13 and the dividend yield is 5.91% at the annual dividend payout of 0.62.
The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO)
It is a diversified education and media company. It Kaplan subsidiary provides a variety of educational services, both domestically and outside the United States. In 2012, it divested its interest in Avenue 100 Media Solutions Inc. the company sold its interest in the Bowater Mersey paper Company Limited to the Province of Nova Scotia in 2012. In March 2013, the company announced it has completed the sale of The Herald, a daily and Sunday newspaper and its other print and online products to Sound publishing, Inc.
The company has a market capitalization of 3.95 Billion, EPS is 5.08, P/E ratio is 95.13 and the dividend yield is 2.03% at the annual dividend payout of 9.80.
CNOOC Limited (ADR) (NYSE: CEO)
It is an investment holding company. The company along with its subsidiaries is a producer of offshore crude oil and natural gas and an independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The subsidiaries of the company are engaged in exploration, development, production and sales of oil and natural gas. The company has three business segments: Independent operations, operations under joint arrangement and trading business.
It has a market capitalization of 72. 26 Billion, EPS is 23.13, P/E ratio is 7.00 and the dividend yield is 3.74% at the annual dividend payout of 4.12.
BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE: BLK)
BlackRock, Inc. is an investment management company. It provides a range of investment and risks management services. Its clients include retail, high net worth and institutional investors, consists of pension funds, official institutions, endowments, insurance companies, corporations, financial institutions, central banks and sovereign wealth funds. In March 2012, it acquired Claymore Investment, Inc. from Guggenheim Partners, LLC. On February 14, 2013, BlackRock Inc. sold its entire interest in Avocet Mining plc.
The company has a market capitalization of 43.15 Billion, EPS is 14.23, P/E ratio is 17.74 and the dividend yield is