Earnings season is now roughly 50% over with 230 of S&P 500 reported.
- 75% beat earnings consensus by aggregate of 4.2%
- Technology and Healthcare continue to show higher revenue and earnings growth. Sector price performance up .73% and .71% respectively.
- Consumer discretionary appears to be a disconnect. Revenue growth pretty solid this quarter around 4%. Sector price performance continues to be weak down 1.03% last week.
- Initial jobless claims down 19k in W/E July 19th.
- Existing home sales up 2.6% sequentially (month).
- New home sales fell 8.1% sequentially (month).