I've gotten some requests for data sources, and since I'm not writing regularly anymore I figured I would just share of the best free sources of sentiment data that I know of and which I used for my sentiment updates.
1) Put/Call Ratio: For this I use stockcharts.com (here's the link: stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui) and I enter in the ticker symbol $CPC. This can also be broken up into two parts, equity only and index only, ticker symbols $CPCE and $CPCI. I typically add a 5 and 10 day moving average to smooth out the fluctuations.
2) Blogger Sentiment: This follows the recommendations of some of the more popularly visited financial blogs out there, here's the link: tickersense.typepad.com/ticker_sense/
3) Active Investment Managers: Tracks how active managers are positioned. Here's the link: www.naaim.org/news/naaim-survey-of-manager-sentiment/
4) AAII: Tracks individual investors, also allows you to download all previous data in excel format for analysis. Here's the link: www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey
5) Investors Intellegence: Follows newsletter writers, I wish there was a more complete downloadable record, but or well at least it's free. Here's the link: www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetools/market_tools/investors_intelligence.aspx
Hope it's useful!