Having just seen the article seekingalpha.com/article/1400691-anixter-s-competitive-advantage-world-class-customer-service
I decided to take a look at the stock of Anixter (NYSE:AXE).
I see very little exciting about the company.
The two most exciting statistics the stock has going for it are:
- Forward P/E of 10
- PEG ratio of .75
Some of the drawbacks:
- Revenues and gross profits dropping for 3 straight quarters.
- No dividend.
- Balance sheet and cash flow not impressive.
- Insiders are -not- buying the stock.
- It would take 3 years to pay off existing debt with EBITDA.
- Nearly 14% sold short. Short sellers don't pile up like that for no reason.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Additional disclosure: Further, I wrote this of my own free will, with nobody paying me for the contribution.