The 6 W's: Who, what, where, when, why and what of it
Sitting in a thin volume seat, waiting for what again?
Mid-Day: The NASDAQ is DOWN -0.50 (-0.02%) to 3,076.64 while the Dow is UP +4.19 (+0.03%) to 13,107.18.
Market Commentary: Stocks struggled to hold their gains Wednesday … My lower opening posting was scuttled, stock-market futures turn up after the government revised … higher estimates of the economy's performance in Q2 … it is good to be wrong !
Today's Gospel: At least … my favorites are moving! The last week of August is traditionally a vacation week - and I seriously considered skipping … as I was waiting for some … solid news this week. But, there were so many emails that I decided to stay the course with you … even I get nervous when I don't hear much…!
Stocks added small gains if any … we're still feeling the effects of low volume. Who is playing through today … Osiris (NASDAQ:OSIR), Cytomedix (OTC: CMXI), Cytori (NASDAQ:CYTX), Dendreon (NASDAQ:DNDN) and Opexa (NASDAQ:OPXA) followed NeoStem (NYSE MKT: NBS) and the usual <or unusual suspects> BioTime (NYSE MKT: BTX) and Opexa (OPXA)
Measuring the day - 12 green (ups) … with 11 red (downs) and 4-5 fluctuating black (flats)… The CBOE Volatility Index traded still … above 16.
- Aastrom (ASTM) is UP $0.03 … at $1.64 or +1.86% with a mid-day range of $1.58 - $1.65 with … with small volume … of 76K so, far from Tuesday's $1.58 - $1.62 <versus volume of 134.3K>;
- BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS) is … FLAT at $0.10, again …. I am still backing this … grossly LOW value asset but, their CFO Taylor did get a raise;
- Cytori (CYTX) is UP +$0.08 or +2.56%…. At $3.21 … in an increasing trading range of $3.11 - $3.21 with trading of 131K shares from Tuesday's $3.00 - $3.15 with <versus 258.7K;
- Osiris (OSIR) is UP +$0.36 or +4.07% to $9.16 … with an increasing trading range of $8.72 -$9.12 from with still low volume of 96K shares so far from Tuesday's $8.42 - $8.80, with volume of 128.5K>;
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS) … continues UP … post multiple filings that tidied-up the books and cap table … +0.022 …to $0.63 or +3.56% … in a tighter day's range of $0.62 -$0.64 … with 257K volume from Tuesday's $0.58 -$0.64 and volume of 544.8k.
Worth mentioning and Reading:
- About ImmunoCellular (NYSE MKT: IMUC) … Seeking Alpha: ICT-107 into Perspective: Part 2; http://seekingalpha.com/article/832591-ict-107-into-perspective-part-2;
- Insiders SELL (10b5-1) at Pluristem : YANAY YAKY, CFO sold 20K shares and ABERMAN ZAMI, Chairman and CEO sold 38.7K;
- Opexa's (OPXA) stock is on the move … It appears that their Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control ("CMC") IND #9853 has been approved by FDA. Could this was the last item needed before the Trial can start?
- Can Romney be a Stem Cell Statesman?: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-d-moreno/can-romney-be-a-stem-cell_b_1837129.html . Romney's position so far is unclear. His campaign website reads like we're back in 2008, promoting non-embryonic sources, without seeming to realize that the state of the science in 2012 relies on various sources of cell lines in the same research study.
- Aastrom (ASTM),
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC),
- BioTime (NYSEMKT:BTX),
- BioMimetic (NASDAQ:BMTI),
- Cytori (CYTX)
- Dendreon (DNDN),
- Neuralstem (NYSEMKT:CUR),
- Opexa (OPXA),
- Osiris (OSIR),
- ReNeuron (RENE.L).
- StemCells (STEM),
- Athersys (NASDAQ:ATHX),
- Brainstorm (OTC BB: BCLI),
- Bioheart (OTC BB: BHRT),
- Fibrocell (OTC BB: FCSC).
- Geron (NASDAQ:GERN),
- ImmunoCellular IMUC),
- International Stem Cell (OTC: ISCO),
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS),
- Pluristem (NASDAQ:PSTI),
- Tengion (TNGN),
- Thermogenesis (NASDAQ:KOOL),
- Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM).
- BioLife Solutions (OTC BB: BLFS),
- Biorestoative (PINK: BRTX),
- Cryo-Cell (OTC BB: CCEL);
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI),
EconoDrama: The US economy fared slightly better than initially thought in Q2, expanding at a 1.7% annual rate, according to the Commerce Department. Still, the growth rate remained too slow to shut the door on further monetary easing from the Fed, keeping futures slightly higher. Pending home sales in July jumped to their highest level in more than 2 years, rising 2.4% to 101.7. Economists surveyed had expected a gain of 1%.
What's new in the regenerative medicine/stem cell market … see: www.scimitarequity.com/blog …
We are getting closer to: E-News, Actionable Intelligence, Data Analytics and Research - So catch the wave as we are about to launch the new … RegMed …NEWS PORTAL!! The countdown is days away …
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.