An earnings release is a 'report card' of sorts for a public stem cell company. The current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the universes' investing status; then add in their cash position for a better snapshot!
By analyzing these comparisons, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For Q2/12 ending 6/30/12, earnings continue to be announced so far:
- Tengion (TNGN) an adjusted net loss of $4.54M or $0.1.89 per share with $3.7M in cash with bankrupcy potential;
- Cytomedix (OTC: CMXI) net loss of $7.46M or $0.09 per share with $8.55M in cash;
- BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS) net loss of $499k or $0.01 per share with $155K in cash;
- NeoStem (AMEX: NBS) net loss of $20.59MM or $0.15 per share with $11.6M? in cash;
- Verastem (VSTN) net loss of $6.8M or $0.34 per share with $104.3M in cash;
- Opexa (NASDAQ:OPXA) net loss of $2.16M or $0.09 per share with $5.69M in cash<7/12, convertible offering>;
- Athersys (ATHX) net loss of $3.7M or $0.103per share with $10.9M in cash;
- BioTime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $5.5M or $0.1 per share with $12.7M in cash;
- Osiris (NASDAQ:OSIR) net loss of $4.265M or $0.13 per share with $40.1M cash;
- StemCells (STEM) net income of $834K or $0.03 per share with $18.162M in cash;
- Aastrom (ASTM) net loss of $8.6M or $0.22 per share with $28.7M in cash;
- Cytori (NASDAQ:CYTX) net loss of $7.9M or $0.13 per share with $25.8M in cash plus $2M in receivables;
- Neuralstem (AMEX: CUR) net loss of $2.36M or 0.04 per share with $2.539M in cash;
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC) net loss of $4M or $o.oo per share with $9.9M in cash;
- Dendreon (NASDAQ:DNDN) net loss of $96.1M or 0.65 per share with $509.7m in cash;
- Geron (NASDAQ:GERN) net loss of $18.3M or $0.14 per share with $122.3M in cash;
- International Stem Cell (OTC BB: ISCO) net loss of $2.47M or $0.03 per share with $4.29M in cash;
- BioMimetic (NASDAQ:BMTI) net loss of $6.4M or $0.23 per share and $18.64M in cash and $114.4M in short-term investments and receivables of $373.38K and pre-paid expenses of $$639.9K.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.