- Norton AntiVirus software for consumers
- Storage software for businesses
- Security software for businesses
Click to enlarge
The Norton segment is Symantec's most valuable segment for the following reasons:
High Share in the Consumer Internet Security Market
Symantec is the leader in the Consumer Internet Security Market with a market share of 53%, though its share has declined somewhat since reaching 56% in 2005. We believe that Symantec's share in $5.6 billion Consumer Internet Security Market will be around 45% by the end of Trefis forecast period. In comparison, Symantec has 18% share in the $13 billion Storage Software Market and we believe that this will increase to 21% by the end of Trefis forecast period.
We believe Symantec may lose market share in the Consumer Internet Security Market due to
- High pricing of its products relative to smaller players
- Its reputation of being a computer resource hog, which continues to frustrate users
Symantec benefits from a high EBITDA margin of 46% on its Norton Antivirus Software products. In comparison, the EBITDA margin for Storage Software currently stands at 34%.
High EBITDA Margin
Disclosure: No positions