In the News Today: NRCI, CUB, TGI, ESE
National Research Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2009 Results
Growth Rates Shows Material Improvement
LINCOLN, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Research Corporation (NASDAQ:NRCI - News) today announced results for the fourth quarter and year-end 2009.
* Quarterly revenue $13.8 million up 14%
* Quarterly net income $2.2 million up 18%
* Quarterly earnings per share $0.33 up 18%
* Year-end revenue $57.7 million; net income $8.5 million; diluted earnings per share $1.26
· Year-to-date growth: revenue up 13%, net income up 14%, diluted earnings per share up 16%, EBITDA up 20%
Cubic Corp. (NYSE: CUB) Reports Financial Results for the Quarter Ended December 31, 2009
SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - 02/08/10) - Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB - News) today reported earnings and sales for the quarter ended December 31, 2009. Sales for the first fiscal quarter were $250.7 million compared to $244.9 million last year, and net income was $13.7 million or 51 cents per share this year compared to $14.2 million or 53 cents per share last year.
Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE: TGI - News) reported results for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Income from continuing operations was $18.1 million, or $1.08 per diluted share -- down from $20.1 million, or $1.21 per diluted share, for the third quarter of the prior year. Reported EPS was also below the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.20.
ESCO Announces First Quarter Results
First Quarter 2010 Highlights
* Net sales were $112.7 million;
* EPS was $0.02 per share;
* Gross margin percentage (sales, less cost of sales, divided into sales) was 40.2 percent;
* Cash flow from operating activities was $5.2 million;
* Net debt outstanding was $129.6 million at December 31, 2009 (2.0x leverage ratio);
* Entered orders were $138.4 million, (book-to-bill ratio of 1.23x); and
* Backlog increased $25.7 million (9 percent) to an all-time high of $325.1 million.
About The Technology Stock Advisor: TSA is an online newsletter about investing in technology stocks. The investment selection methodology for The Technology Stock Advisor is based upon a patent issued to Thomas Vass, the investment advisor to the newsletter. His method includes stock selection, asset allocation based upon the investor’s risk preferences, and detailed buy and sell prices. Contact Tvass@technologystockadvisor.com or call 919 9754856.
To discuss your current investment accounts and how TSA can help you manage your portfolios, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919 9754856. Please visit technologystockadvisor.com to read the ADV Part II Disclosure Information for investment advisors.
Do you invest in Private Companies? Join The North Carolina Private Investors Network. ™
We help private high tech companies manage private offerings and maintain a list of private accredited investors that obtain information from us about our client companies. When you join our network of investors, we will send you information about these investment opportunities.
Investment Disclosure: The past performance of an investment is no guarantee of future performance. All investments bear risk of loss of principal invested. There are no guarantees related to investing. Please visit the TSA website and read our ADV Part II disclosure document for information about our investment management fees.