1. Dear Traders and Community,
Below is what we would recommend as the minimum requirements to trade comfortably.
Typical Trader Workstation:
· Run Windows XP Professional or windows 7
· Have a Dual Monitor capable video card with 256MB RAM
· 2x 20inch or bigger LCD Monitors
· Have minimum 2GB of Ram
Model: Optiplex 760
CPU: Core Duo 2.2 GHz
Memory: 2.0 GB
Video: Dual Video Card
Os: Windows XP Pro service pack 3 or Windows 7 Professional
2. Network Wiring Infrastructure must be Cat 5e or Cat6.
3. 2 Cisco 2800 Series Routers. Configured for HSRP for Redundancy (see diagram below)
-Lower end Small business Linksys routers will also do the work, but Cisco routers are always recommended.
4. Gigabit Network Switch with enough ports to cover all network, computer and server equipment on site.
5. 2 internet lines from different vendors.
· Primary line must be at least 10Mbps download and upload
· Backup line can be from the local cable provider
6. At least 5minutes UPS power backup for server equipment on site to prevent long reboots (Down time) by routers, switches and servers.
7. If You are planning to have email on your domain (firstname.lastname@example.org) and email surveillance system is recommended.
· Barracuda Message Archiver (www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/products/ar...)
8. A Camera Surveillance system is recommended.
9. Wall Mounted LCD Televisions