Seeking Alpha

Joe Gantoss'  Instablog

Joe Gantoss
Send Message
Technical Analysis & Japanese Candlesticks Trader as a full time job, over 15 years of experience, combining with fundamentals and thorough DD to find the best entry & exit points, Biotech sector expert, following this sector for over 4 years, trading the clinical catalyst &... More
My blog:
JoeBioCharts
  • $ALXA Technical Analysis: waiting for the FDA reply  0 comments
    Aug 17, 2011 9:13 AM | about stocks: ALXA
    $ALXA started it's run-up early on Dec. 2010 from $0.90 to double and reach the $1.80 point on 03/30 and the highest point $1.91 on 06/30 enjoying the hype of the resubmission.
    During the run-up stage we can see on the chart, the technical correction twice that had a good support of the uptrend line (purple line) .
    The last markets sell-off hit $ALXA too...but it dropped very fast breaking down all the support levels...we can see that the strong suppprt @ $1.52 with the uptrend line & the horizontal line pause the drop for 5 trading days...but the power of the markets and the crowd over selling all the biotech sector hit $ALXA again to break down the $1.52 support, following with the next one @ $1.38 and the downtren line that supposed to use as a support , but all failed till the last one @ $1.15....

    Do you think that this support will hold...IMHO the situation in the US markets have a big effect on this stock, and the Catalyst of the resubmission was on Aug. 05th, so $ALXA expecting the FDA reply on 14 days that lead us to the Aug. 19th, if the FDA accept the resubmission, they will give them the classification of the review, and most likely it will be Class-II with 6 months review period.

    In a usual markets condition, the price would be in the highest levels, anticipating the FDA decision...and usually we see a "sell the news" action and profit taking, but in days & markets oversold like this days, there will be no sell-off as most the short term traders are out of this trade, we might see a spike toward the next resistant line around $1.38, but then it will fade as the 6 months is a long period for the ST traders, it might be a good point for the LT investors, but 6 months with no other catalyst or action during this period will put a pressure  on the price, it will be a very good to check it back 3 months ahead of the new PDUFA date.

    Many traders have the same issue with $PLX, as they are waiting for the FDA reply with Class-II review most likely too...but with $PLX it's different situation, as for Protalix there is 2 other catalyst waiting very close during the Q4, as they will have the European & the Brazilian decision during the end of Oct - Nov 2011, so the price this days backed in the Class-II decision and looking for the next catalyst.

    Disclosure: No Position in ALXA



    Themes: ALXA PLX TA Analysis Stocks: ALXA
Back To Joe Gantoss' Instablog HomePage »

Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.

Comments (0)
Track new comments
Be the first to comment
Full index of posts »
Latest Followers
Posts by Themes
Instablogs are Seeking Alpha's free blogging platform customized for finance, with instant set up and exposure to millions of readers interested in the financial markets. Publish your own instablog in minutes.