The 72-Hour Report series will attempt to provide a chronicle of the impact of the U.S. credit rating downgrade by S&P in London, one of the most important financial centers of the world. Golden Networking's Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011, "Navigating Uncharted Territories After S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade from its Gilt-Edged AAA Credit Rating" (www.PublicFinanceLeadersForum.com), September 9, New York City, will provide attendees with the first analysis of the consequences of this unprecedented step by one of the leading rating agencies.
After the U.S. credit rating was downgraded by S&P, U.S. shares tumbled in a huge fall. The global equity markets were badly damaged by the world’s financial center. London Stock Exchange has now officially entered bear market territory, down by over 20% from the recent peaks. FTSE 100 has zigzagged between 4,900 and 5,100. Before that, the index hadn’t fallen below 5,000. One day later, the French bank led market markets lower on fears over their exposure to sovereign debt. The FTSE 100 decreased 157.76 points and ended at 5,007.16. Similarly, the FTSE 250 decreased 199.54 points and closed at 9,890.96.
It is expected that this situation will remain bad in the coming weeks. The U.K. is facing an uncertain economic climate and public sector pay freezes, and the debate over how to deal with Britain’s deficit can be confusing at times, particularly just after the release of important economic figures. The mantra of the coalition government is that Britain’s finances are in an awful mess following the ravages of the Labor government and that the priority during this parliament must be to cut the deficit. If not, the U.K. could lose the treasured AAA sovereign debt rating and end up with sky-high bond yields (the amount investors demand to hold a country’s debt) comparable to those of Greece.
Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour New York (www.hfthappyhour.com), August 9th, New York City
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Chicago (hfthappyhourchicago.eventbrite.com), August 23rd, Chicago
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), August 25th, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore (hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com), August 25th, Singapore
• Public Finance Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "Navigating Uncharted Territories After S&P's U.S. Debt Downgrade from its Gilt-Edged AAA Credit Rating" (www.PublicFinanceLeadersForum.com), September 9, New York
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com), September, 19-21, Hong Kong
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Chicago, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3-5, Chicago
• China Leaders Forum 2011 New York, "How American Companies Can Plug into the Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?" (www.ChinaLeadersForum.com), October 7, New York
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24-26, Sao Paulo, Brazil
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 13-15, Singapore
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization", www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to email@example.com. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".