"Top 10" Winners (and losers) of US Mobile e-Retail
51% of Americans will purchase online this year because of the bad economy. With over 100 million smartphone owners, these mobile consumers want simplicity and speed. By 2014, worldwide mobile commerce will reach $352.7 billion. Mobile commerce in the US is expected to reach $11.6 billion in 2012, according to Forrester Research.
Here are the "Top 10" mobile eCommerce sites make shopping easy for smartphones and tablets:
- Staples Staples allows new customers to make purchases using a guest checkout but does offer registration during the transaction.
- Apple Apple has an iPhone app. complete with voice and image search features.
- Walmart The pages are extremely basic and as a result are extremely clean while easy to navigate.
- 1800Contacts The 1800Contacts App is innovative. With just 3 taps, you can order contact lens for delivery.
- Office Depot Depot forces customers to setup an account, but has one of the quickest checkout processes.
- Sears Sears is very clean and uncluttered. Form filling is kept to a minimum, and it also has a progress bar to let you know that there are only three stages to completion.
- Netflix There is also a mobile site which allows shoppers to watch movies online.
- Best Buy Best Buy overall the process is quick, and it displays a progress bar and security reassurances.
- OfficeMax OfficeMax offers a quick and easy guest checkout process that only has three screens before completion.
- Newegg Computers and electronic retailer Newegg offers a very fast mobile checkout.
There were key criteria points for these sites. All of the top sites were incredibly user friendly, easing frustration for the customer. Forms were removed of any unnecessary fields or pre-populated for mobile shoppers. Websites had displayed contact details and security reassurances. Alternative payment can mean a faster process, easing security worries.
*This review was released by eConsultancy
The Worst (Customer Service):
Majority of Americans (68%) said mobile apps will make holidays better this year for reasons such as:
- Finding deals for Cyber Monday and Black Friday easier - 52%
- Better able to make plans while they're on the go - 47%
- Avoiding long check-out lines by using apps specifically designed for that purpose - 46%
*These survey results were released by SOASTA
It's all about strategy and trends all year round for retailers success in online and mobile sales. The best retail internet and mobile sites display innovation, creativity, and technology. The growing increase of US shoppers planning on using these websites, means retailers should fully optimize, making sure consumers receive the best shopping experience.