- AIG – neg. comments; the stock is overvalued and prob. worth closer to low $20s; P&C ops may need more reserve additions; a Treasury official said if it can get a price above its B/E level of $28.73/shr, the offering could be $30B+ in size; below that and the Treasury would be more “judicious” in its sales. The government at a minimum is looking to sell at least 850M shares.
- Small cap stock picks – pos. comments on WSTL, EGHT, HCKT, ZIXI, FRPT, KOPN, WTSLA, CMRG, TUES, LF.
- Fund manager interview – Michael Cook – positive comments on DAR, TRN, ARJ, OGE, URS, AMG, KOP, CBI, MIDD, AGCO.
- NOK – cautious comments; the stock may rally if NOK can bring Windows devices to market sooner than expected but the odds of the co succeeding in a market dominated by the likes of Apple and Android are slim.
- EMC – Barron’s discusses the co’s upcoming users event this week; overall nothing really incremental in the article; EMC will probably announce partnerships w/a slew of companies; will be focusing on the public and private clouds.
- Munis round table – overall pos. remarks on the sector; says M Whitney’s prediction won’t turn out to be accurate.
- OPEN – neg. comments; the stock is expensive and competition is rising.
- QCOR – mixed remarks; Barron’s acknowledges that they have been wrong w/their short call on the stock but think eventually script sales will slow.
- Cover story – Barron’s 500 list.
COME JOIN OUR LIVE BROADCAST MON-FRI 8AM – 5PM AT HEDGEFUNDLIVE.COM. PICK A CHANNEL AND GET CONNECTED.