· Greece – Barron’s recommends a 50% haircut to Greek debt and urges policymakers to take action immediately. Otherwise the country’s economy will continue to shrink and the consequences will only become more dire. A 50% haircut now will avoid larger restructurings later.
· Europe – a Greek debt restructuring would be painful but not catastrophic; Athens will prob. receive a maturity extension first and then a haircut in a couple yrs. Portugal will prob. require a similar action. The rest of the peripheral economies will prob. be able to muddle through. The ECB will have to hit up its members for more capital.
· TJX – the stock could top $60 in the 12 months as int’l expansion is stepped up and HomeGoods is grown further.
· ECF Value Fund – interview – positive on Nortek (NTKS), FTK, CPRT, DDE.
· PSMT – positive comments on the “Costco of the Caribbean” – growth is rising strongly; the co has a small store base w/a lot of opportunities ahead of it. Margins and growth are faster than its US peers.
· NTAP – pos. comments; says is an inexpensive play on the cloud (says RAX, CRM are expensive).
· 4G wireless – investors are focused on stocks involved in 4G wireless, inc. AGO, NETL, and SQNS.
· AMZN – the co will prob. become a larger force in the publishing industry.
· YHOO – cautious comments; the stock is fully valued at current levels; talk w/Yahoo Japan on monetization are far from being completed; meanwhile there is added political risk w/Alibaba.
· MOS – pos. long-term comments; valuation is cheap and the co has a robust balance sheet. Many of the downside risks seem priced into the stock. MOS could become a takeover candidate.
· Ryanair – pos. comments; payments for new aircraft will fall substantially in ’13 and as a result cash flow will spike. The co could earn 40% of its market cap in free cash flow in the next three years. The co could start raising ticket prices.
· Platinum, palladium – pos. comments on both; as the global auto industry starts to improve manufacturing, both metals could benefit.
· FL – pos. comments; the stock could pull back a bit in the near-term but has upside to $30+ eventually.
COME JOIN OUR LIVE BROADCAST MON-FRI 8AM – 5PM AT HEDGEFUNDLIVE.COM. PICK A CHANNEL AND GET CONNECTED.