Every person that enters picks 1 stock/ETF that meets the below selection criteria by the CLOSE on FRIDAY MARCH 7th. Picks should be posted in the comment section of this instablog. No Stock Pick Repeats! Once a Stock is chosen by a user, no one else can choose that stock. I will be taking the first 64 Entries I receive for the contest. I will calculate returns with the starting price being from the close on Friday March 7th, and for each subsequent round I will calculate returns from the Friday close of that given week. I have created a Google spreadsheet for the trading challenge, and is able to be viewed by everyone.
As anyone who watches the NCAA tournament knows each team is assigned a seed number ranging from 1 to 16. So for this contest I will calculate each seed by the following method:
- I will base each users seed by their article count, so based on 64 user, the top 4 people with the most articles will get 1 seeds, the next 4 will get two seeds and so on.
- For users that have not submitted an article I will put their name in a spreadsheet and use a random generation tool to determine their seed.
- If I dont get 64 entries I will randomly choose a stock[s] from the DOW to fill any open spots.
Stock/ETF Selection Criteria:
- Only LONG or SHORT a stock, and No shorting a ETF.
- Price of atleast $1/share
- For stock they must have a market cap of atleast $100 million
- Traded on the NYSE, NASDAQ or AMEX
- No Closed-End-Funds
Good Luck Everyone!!
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.