I am a general partner in an investment partnership that was first organized in 1987. Our primary focus is owning a portfolio of individual publicly traded stocks that we have researched for ourselves using fundamental analysis tools.
Included here is our portfolio allocation to the ten stocks we currently hold as well as our current cash allocation. I have also included brief notes on the changes we have made to the portfolio in the past few months. In the future I will continue to update followers on buy and sell decisions we make and add more details and logic behind those changes.
1. Cognizant Technology (NASDAQ:CTSH), 11.9% of total portfolio value
2. Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ:COST), 11.4%
3. DIRECTV (DTV), 8.1%
4. Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO), 3.7%
5. IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP), 5.2%
6. LKQ Corp. (NASDAQ:LKQ), 13.2%
7. National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), 5.3%
8. Oracle Corp. (NASDAQ:ORCL), 10.6%
9. Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), 10.0%
10. QUALCOMM (NASDAQ:QCOM), 9.7%
11. Cash, 10.7%
--December 2012: NO CHANGE to portfolio holdings.
--October 2012: SELL decisions were to decrease holdings in LKQ Corp. (LKQ) by 36% to realize capital gains from recent price appreciation. There were no BUY decisions.
--September 2012: SELL decisions were to decrease holdings in Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) by 100%; NVE Corp. (NASDAQ:NVEC) by 100%; and Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) by 100%. BUY decisions were to increase holdings in Cognizant Technology (CTSH) by 100%.