adspatz's  Instablog

Send Message
Aaron Spatz is the writer of SEC Live Filings Digest, detailing the news of companies trading on U.S. stock exchanges. The Filings Digest is but one component of the greater website SEC Live, which specializes in making SEC filings easy to read, research, navigate, and much more.
My company:
SEC Live
  • Chrysler Files For IPO 0 comments
    Sep 24, 2013 8:36 AM

    Originally published at

    Chrysler Group LLC filed for an initial public offering Monday, after talks between Fiat and the United Auto Workers union failed. Fiat, which owns 58.5% of Chrysler, wants to own the remaining 41.5% of the company but Fiat and the UAW cannot agree on a sales price. UAW asserts its stake is valued at $5B but Fiat is offering more than $1B less than the desired price. Hoping an impending IPO will move the process forward, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne is gambling that the IPO will price low in a move to force UAW's hand. However Marchionne is also risking the possibility it could price higher to a level advantageous to UAW, which would corner him to pay the higher price. Filing for an IPO does not exactly mean the offering will happen, but rather will be used to better determine pricing for continued negotiations.

    Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.

Back To adspatz's Instablog HomePage »

Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.

Comments (0)
Track new comments
Be the first to comment
Full index of posts »
Latest Followers


More »

Latest Comments

Instablogs are Seeking Alpha's free blogging platform customized for finance, with instant set up and exposure to millions of readers interested in the financial markets. Publish your own instablog in minutes.