Financial security is not guaranteed in today's world. With the U.S. dollar in serious jeopardy of losing its position as the world's reserve currency, Americans should begin to focus on safer investment strategies. According to well-known financial investor and author of the international best seller, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki, there is one option that offers the best chance of financial success. Investing in rare metals, particularly gold and silver, is essential for anyone looking to protect their nest egg, as well as increase its worth. Let's examine seven reasons why you should start investing in precious metals today.
1) There is no doubt that the value of the U.S. dollar will depreciate when its reign as the world reserve currency is overAs a result, inflation will occur resulting in higher prices on consumer goods, as well as a reduction in the value of certain stocks, diminished income from interest-bearing securities, and much more. In the past, bond values were the most severely effected by inflation. Keep in mind that even cash invested in the most conservative manner or stored in a vault is at risk due to the consistent erosion of purchasing power that results from inflation. Watch this video below if you think that will never happen.
2) Gold, and other noble metals, are known for holding their value, but the supply is limited.
Gold has done the one thing that paper money has never been able to do. Although the price of gold tends to be volatile, it has not only been able to hold its value over time, but it has also seen an increase in its overall value. You also should keep in mind that gold is a natural element and cannot be man made. While gold miners continue to search for gold, it is becoming increasingly hard to find. As with almost anything, a lack in the supply of gold will drive its price and value up. Now is certainly the time to buy based on historical trends. In the past, the price of gold has dramatically increased during periods of inflation.
3) All indications point to a significant in demand for rare metals in the next few years.
Many native metals, especially silver, are frequently used in numerous industries. In fact, 75% of the silver that is mined is sold for industrial uses. According to The Silver Institute, there will be a 36% increase in the demand of silver for industrial purposes by 2016. Robert Kiyosaki has stated that silver may prove to be more valuable than gold in the future because of this fact. Platinum is also expected to rise in value because it is in high demand, but it is extremely difficult to find.
4) Precious metals are essentially immune to effects of inflation.
Gold, silver, palladium, platinum, and other precious metals have intrinsic value that other investment options cannot match. In simple terms, they will always have a value, though this amount will fluctuate. This makes them a safe investment choice.
5) When situations get tough, precious metals can be used for bartering.
While you may have huge amounts of paper money, its value can be reduced down to nothing during long periods of inflation. This is not the case with precious metals. They are tangible items that will always be in demand. As a result of their guaranteed value, you can be certain that they will be accepted as a form of payment even under the direst of circumstances.
6) Base metals offer liquidity that other investment options are not able to.
Due to be being such valuable commodities, precious metals, particularly gold and silver, are extremely liquid assets. Consider the following. If you were to find yourself in a situation where you needed money immediately, selling your precious metals give you the ability to get the money you need any time of day. Numerous reputable websites purchase gold, silver, platinum, and more 24/7 over the internet. There is no other form of investment that comes close to offering immediate liquidity.
7) Simply put, owning precious metals is the best way to safeguard your wealth.
There will always be a market for precious metals guaranteeing that they always have value. There is not another investment opportunity that provides this level of financial security. There is no doubt that investing in precious metals gives you the financial freedom that is absolutely necessary as we await the end of the U.S. dollar. Now, the only question is why you haven't starting researching your buying options. For more details on how to secure your retirement into a gold IRA check out this post.