Sparton Launches New NorthTek™ Programmable Feature for Its Advanced Navigation Sensors
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sparton Corporation (SPA) introduces NorthTek", a new, state-of-the-industry product feature that will change the face of todays navigation and exploration industry. NorthTek" technology allows the customer to write and execute custom, user-defined, application specific algorithms, directly in the digital compass.
Our navigation sensors provide highly accurate heading and orientation information, even in areas where GPS signals are unavailable and GPS-based devices are unable to operate, said Cary Wood, President and CEO, Sparton. Our NorthTek" technology will provide an industry-leading degree of accuracy through advanced sensor fusion algorithms and user programmability to deliver consistently reliable headings in a wide variety of applications and environments, he added.
Spartons navigation sensors offer the customer groundbreaking NorthTek features and benefits including:
- Full access to all adjustable parameters
- Real time solutions environment, embedded into the sensor module
- System designer can embed custom profiles that adapt to changing orientation, varying magnetic fields and other dynamic situations within the host device.
- User has the ability to modify the startup behavior with simple [preloaded] commands
- Ability to use the secondary sensors for emergency situation monitoring, such as being upside down or in free fall.
- Unlimited user-defined capability in a full applications environment. Programs may be stored in non-volatile memory (available in 2.1.1)
Other features include:
- AdaptNav" adaptive algorithms that outperform traditional Kalman filter based approaches by providing real-time optimization of compass performance when used in varying magnetic and dynamic operating environments
- True North Heading Indication based on Magnetic Variation Correction
- 2-D and 3-D Manual Calibration
- Sleep Mode
- Motion Stabilization
- Rapid Initialization
- Full Encapsulation
Our navigation sensor GEDC-6 and our DC-4 which are equipped with NorthTek" allow designers to directly interface with real time sensor data and make custom computations specifically for their application. We invite customers to sign up for our upcoming December 14th webinar to learn about our new products, their best-in-class features and to make appointments to talk to us about their unique product needs, said Jim Lackemacher, Vice President and General Manager, Sparton Defense and Security Systems.
Additional Webinar details available on Spartons website at www.sparton.com.
Sparton's navigation sensors deliver best-in-class adaptive in-field calibration to compensate for errors caused by positional changes in dynamic environments. Gyro-enhancement provides additional navigation sensor heading accuracy in the presence of stray magnetic fields and dynamic environments. Spartons navigation sensors with our NorthTek" feature are available for purchase online at www.thedigitalcompass.com
Sparton Events Schedule:
- Wednesday, December 14th at 4:00 p.m. EST / online: John Thorson, Product Manager, Sparton Navigation and Exploration Products, Ken Gagnon, Principle Electrical Engineer, Sparton and Mickey Nowell, Principle Software Engineer, Sparton - will host a live online webinar to introduce our newest products and unique features NorthTek" and AdaptNav .
- Wednesday, January 18th at 4:00 p.m. EST / online: John Thorson, Product Manager, Sparton Navigation and Exploration Products, Ken Gagnon, Principle Electrical Engineer, Sparton and Mickey Nowell, Principle Software Engineer, Sparton - will host a second live online webinar to introduce our newest products and unique features NorthTek" and AdaptNav .
About Sparton Navigation and Exploration
Sparton Navigation and Exploration, a provider of market leading sensors for commercial and defense applications globally, designs, tests and manufactures its digital compasses and hydrophones for the most demanding customer environments with a unique user programmable feature that allows these sensors to be customized to solve unique challenges and requirements for unparalleled heading accuracy. For more information, visit www.thedigitalcompass.com or through the following social media outlets.
About Sparton Corporation
Sparton Corporation, now in its 111th year, is a provider of complex and sophisticated electromechanical devices with capabilities that include concept development, industrial design, design and manufacturing engineering, production, distribution, and field service. The primary markets served are in the Medical Device, Defense & Security Systems, and Electronic Manufacturing Services industries. Headquartered in Schaumburg, IL, Sparton currently has five manufacturing locations worldwide. Sparton's Web site may be accessed at http://www.sparton.com.
Safe Harbor and Fair Disclosure Statement
Safe Harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: To the extent any statements made in this release contain information that is not historical, these statements are essentially forward-looking and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the difficulty of predicting future results, the regulatory environment, fluctuations in operating results and other risks detailed from time to time in Sparton's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The matters discussed in this press release may also involve risks and uncertainties concerning Sparton's services described in Sparton's filings with the SEC. In particular, see the risk factors described in Sparton's most recent Form 10K and Form 10Q. Sparton assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Greg Slome, (847) 762-5812
Mike Osborne, (847) 762-5814
Institutional Marketing Services
John Nesbett or Jennifer Belodeau, (203) 972-9200
Source: Sparton CorporationCopyright Business Wire 2011