AETI Announces New M&I(R) DrillAssist(TM) Drilling Control System to Enable More Efficient and Safer Drilling Operations
HOUSTON, April 25, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
American Electric Technologies, Inc. (AETI)
(Nasdaq:AETI) a leading global supplier of power delivery solutions for the energy industry, announced today the introduction of its new M&I® DrillAssist" Drilling Control System. Based on field-proven control system software AETI acquired from Amnor Technologies in March 2012, the DrillAssist Drilling Control System is designed for managing, controlling and monitoring drilling rig operations.
DrillAssist will be demonstrated in booth #1865 at the Offshore Technology Conference taking place April 30 May 3, 2012 in Houston, Texas at Reliant Park.
- DrillAssist enables operators to optimize drilling operations while increasing rig floor safety and incorporates the following key control system elements:
- Draw works control/AutoDriller with WOB, ROP, standpipe pressure, and torque control functionality;
- Mud pump control including anti-synch, pause/resume control and auto auxiliaries control;
- Top drive/Rotary table monitoring;
- Power system management with integrated power limiting for optimizing and managing all rig power equipment including gen sets, VFDs, and motor control center;
- Rig monitoring and communications including integrated CCTV/data logging and talk back integration.
Leveraging its history as a provider of optimized power systems for the energy industry, M&I's DrillAssist is the most flexible system on the market and fully customizable based on a customer's drilling requirements. DrillAssist runs on multiple PLC platforms including Siemens and Allen Bradley, and can be configured as a drillers' chair, stand-up control system or by way of other optional cabin configurations.
Unlike traditional drilling control systems, DrillAssist increases drilling rig safety by incorporating multiple safety improvements including integrated power management capabilities and improved block control for safer rig floor operations.
"By combining the industry-leading safety capabilities from Amnor Technologies with M&I's power management technologies, DrillAssist offers drilling contractors the most compelling and flexible drilling control system on the market," said Ron Nance, automation group vice president for AETI.
The M&I® DrillAssist Drilling Control System will be sold as part of a full range of M&I Electric AC land and offshore drilling solutions for the North American shale, worldwide oil and gas, and global unconventional oil exploration markets.
As one of the leading global providers of land drilling power systems, AETI offers a suite of drilling rig electrical products and services including:
- AC VFDs, generator control switchgear, motor control centers, and power houses for land drilling rigs;
- SCR drilling systems including Analog and Digital DC drives, with generator control switchgear, motor control centers and power houses for DC drilling rigs;
- Drilling rig electrical construction rig-up services where AETI rig-up electricians provide the wiring of the drilling rig and;
- Drilling rig electrical services including start-up/commissioning, electrical maintenance, emergency services and spare parts.
American Electric Technologies, Inc. is a leading global provider of power delivery solutions to the energy industry. AETI offers M&I Electric " power distribution and control products, electrical services, and E&I Construction services, as well as American Access Technologies zone enclosures, and Omega Metals custom fabrication services. South Coast Electric Systems L.L.C., a subsidiary, services Gulf Coast marine and vessel customers.
AETI is headquartered in Houston and has global sales, support and manufacturing operations in Beaumont, Texas, Keystone Heights, Florida and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. In addition, AETI has minority interests in three joint ventures in Xian, China, Singapore and Macae, Brazil. AETI's SEC filings, news and product/service information are available at www.aeti.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, concerning anticipated future demand for our products, international expansion, and other future plans and objectives. While the Company believes that such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurance that such future revenues, profits, plans and objectives will be achieved on the schedule or in the amounts indicated. Investors are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual events or results may differ from the Company's expectations, and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including those listed in Item 1A of the Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 30, 2012. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements even if experience or future events make it clear that any of the projected results expressed or implied herein will not be realized.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Ward Creative Communications for American Electric Technologies, Inc. Molly LeCronier or Sherri Scott 713-869-0707 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Investor Contacts: American Electric Technologies, Inc. Frances Powell Hawes 713-644-8182 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource: American Electric Technologies, Inc. 2012 GlobeNewswire, Inc.