TIM Reports Its 1Q12 Results
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL -- (Marketwire) -- 04/27/12 -- TIM Participações S.A. (BOVESPA: TIMP3) (NYSE: TSU) announces its 1Q12 Results and invites you to join the Conference Call, scheduled for tomorrow (April 27th, 2012).
To access all the 1Q12 material, including the Earnings Release and the Web presentation that will be used in the conference call, go to the IR website www.tim.com.br/ir.
TIM Participações S.A. (BOVESPA: TIMP3) (NYSE: TSU), the company which controls directly TIM Celular S.A. and Intelig Telecomunicações Ltda., and indirectly TIM Fiber SP Ltda and TIM Fiber RJ S.A., announces its results for the first quarter of 2012. TIM Participações S.A. ("TIM Participações" or "TIM") provides telecommunication services with a nationwide presence in Brazil.
The following financial and operating Consolidated information, except where otherwise indicated, is presented according to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and in Brazilian Reais (R$), pursuant to Brazilian Corporate Law. All comparisons refer to the first quarter of 2011 (1Q11) and fourth quarter of 2011 (4Q11), except when otherwise indicated.
See below the main highlights:
1Q12 Highlights: Continuing to Deliver Solid Results
- Subscriber base reached 67.2 mln users, +27.2% YoY, supported by prepaid and postpaid growth (+27.5% and +25.3% YoY)
- Gross adds reached 9.9 mln lines, resulting in a strong net addition of 3.1 mln new lines;
- Top line at R$4.5 bln grew 19.1% YoY and net service revenues grew 15.9% YoY;
- Gross data revenues expanded 56.1% in 1Q12 (YoY) to R$1 bln, reaching 18.1% of total mobile revenues (vs. 13.8% in 1Q11);
- Smartphone penetration reached 31.1% over total base (vs. 12.6% in 1Q11);
- Outgoing Voice Revenues still growing at a strong pace, +14.6% YoY;
- EBITDA reached R$1,168 mln, +13.2% YoY and EBITDA margin registered 26.2% (Services EBITDA margin stood at 31.1%);
- EBIT came at R$512 mln (+46.4% YoY) as a consequence of no handset subsidy policy;
- Net income totaled R$276 mln in 1Q12, an increase of 29.5% vs. same period of last year (after a +86% tax income);
- CAPEX totaled R$543 mln this quarter, +83% vs. 1Q11;
- SAC and Bad Debt continuing improving: SAC dropped 12% vs 1Q11, reaching R$32.1. Bad debt came at 0.86%, a decrease vs. last quarter (0.92%).
- 3G Network expansion: +68 new cities, 1030 antennas connected in fiber (FTTS);
- TIM Fiber roll out is strict in line with official calendar. Soft launch to start in May.
April 27th, 2012 (Friday)
12:30 PM Brazil (11:30 AM US EST)
Phone: +1 888 700-0802 (US)
+55 11 4706-0951 (Brazil)
+1 786 924-6977 (other)
Replay: +55(11)4688-6312 (Brazil)
For webcast: click here: http://webcall.riweb.com.br/tim/english
April 27th, 2012 (Friday)
10:30 AM Brazil (09:30 AM US EST)
Phone: +55 11 4706-0951 (Brazil)
Replay: +55 (11) 4688-6312 (Brazil)
For webcast: click here: http://webcall.riweb.com.br/tim/
Participants are requested to connect 10 minutes prior to the time set for the conference calls. If you need any assistance, please call the operator at the numbers above.
Replay: A conference call replay facility will be available from 27/04/2012 until 03/05/2012. In order to access the replay, dial above mentioned numbers.
CONTACT IR: Phone: (+55 21) 4109-3360 | 4109-4017 | 4109-3446 | 4109-3751 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.tim.com.br/ir Rogerio Tostes IRO of TIM Participações Telephone: +55 21 4009-3742 Email: email@example.com Website: www.tim.com.br/ri
Source: TIM Participacoes SA