Ixia Launches Data Center Cloud Validation at Interop 2012
CALABASAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/12 -- Ixia (XXIA) (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, announced today its latest data center and cloud network validation solutions focusing on all aspects of data center deployment and performance. New products for impairment, security, networking, application delivery, and Wi-Fi are demonstrated in Ixia booth #1262 at Interop 2012 in Las Vegas from May 8 - 10.
Ixia's new solution ensures that cloud services are provided securely with peak performance and a high quality of experience (QoE). This enables faster adoption of world-class cloud networks by maximizing application deployment and performance, and minimizing service disruptions. The latest additions to Ixia's offerings allow holistic validation of all key data center components for multi-tenant clouds. With Ixia's tools and solutions, data center and network cloud providers can realize the following benefits:
- Reduce time to deploy applications in cloud
- Overcome cloud adoption reluctance by proving security effectiveness
- Reduce customer churn through greater focus on application delivery and QoE
- Avoid service disruptions
- Monetize cloud services such as tiered services, IPv6
- Pinpoint internal data-center bottlenecks to unlock performance
At Interop, Ixia will showcase:
- Virtual Infrastructure: Cloud customers want network virtualization, but access switching tiers are blurred between virtual switching and top of rack switches. VM events and virtual switching creates stress on compute infrastructure. Ixia's IxVM solution provides virtual test ports that reside "inside" of the compute infrastructure, creating L2-7 traffic generation and analysis for virtual environments while validating application delivery during VM migrations. This helps operators improve performance of virtual and access switching, select the best network virtualization strategy, and ensure multi-tenant service level agreements
- Storage Infrastructure: Big data applications require huge East-West bandwidth in the data center. A bottleneck for Web 2.0 applications can often be storage I/O, and the convergence of LAN and SAN traffic requires lossless Ethernet. Ixia's IxNetwork and IxLoad applications help to improve FC/FCoE switch and CNA performance, verifies lossless Ethernet (DCB) for SAN with mixed LAN/SAN traffic, and can load test NAS (CIFS, NFS) and iSCSI target devices. This allows operators to deliver high quality of experience for cloud users, ensure big data applications don't have storage bottlenecks, and support the storage IO scale requirements of web/cloud applications.
- Switching Fabric: Switching fabric must support huge bandwidth requirements with link redundancy, resiliency, fault detection, loop prevention, and minimal latency. The limited scale of current switch technologies to support large L2 domains forces cloud providers to consider emerging L2 multipath protocols. Ixia's IxNetwork covers all the multipath bases with TRILL, SPBM, Cisco Fabric Path for integrated data/control plane validation. Ixia will also be unveiling its new industry-first, flexible OpenFlow protocol emulation within IxNetwork. These tools allow operators to improve reliability and scalability of switch fabrics, implement cutting edge software defined networking designs using OpenFlow, and validate forwarding performance and low latency to improve application delivery. Ixia is launching an industry-only 40G impairment module that simulates higher-speed Ethernet data center interconnects and clouds with seamless traffic generation and analysis.
- Security: Network security faces the difficulty of trading off application performance for security effectiveness, along with keeping up-to-date against the latest vulnerabilities. Ixia's IxLoad can help ensure performance of legitimate stateful traffic using mix of real enterprise applications, provide the latest and diverse set of malware definitions and DDoS attacks through IxLoad-Attack, as well as hammer both perimeter and virtual security boundaries using a mix of virtual and physical test interfaces. This allows cloud providers to ensure immunity to malware without sacrificing application performance, avoid costly cloud service disruptions, and alleviate enterprise data privacy concerns.
- Application Delivery: Applications in the cloud often break during peak usage, and technology convergence requires high degrees of realism for validation. Ixia's IxLoad provides unparalleled realism using 100s of real, stateful enterprise applications with multi-protocol user workflows, including Internet, video, voice and infrastructure protocols, and contains unique QoE metrics for each application. IxLoad now supports network impairment to emulate data center clouds and interconnects for integrated application delivery validation. This allows operators to set optimal application partitioning across virtual/storage infrastructures upfront, ensure capacity for peak usage periods to avoid service disruption, and evaluate cloud user satisfaction by measuring their QoE.
- "Extreme Networks and Ixia are partnering at Interop to showcase next generation data center switching fabrics. Ixia is uniquely positioned to validate the many facets of virtualized data centers including solutions to assess the performance of virtual and storage infrastructures, high density 10G/40G switch fabrics and end-to end application delivery for cloud services," said Darius Goodall, Director, Product and Technical Marketing.
- "Next-generation networking using cloud infrastructure will place new demands on data centers and the network backbones," said Eddie Arrange, Market Development Manager at Ixia. "Ixia is uniquely positioned to support this evolution with validation tools that test the infrastructure, end-to-end, for network performance, conformance, security and application QoE."
- Visit Ixia's Interop web portal at http://interop.ixiacom.com.
- Visit Ixia's Data Center web portal at http://www.ixiacom.com/solutions/network_equipment_manufacturer/data_center/index.php.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP testing solution -- from the wireless edge to the Internet core. Network equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia's industry-leading test and simulation platforms to design and validate a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/LTE networking equipment and networks. Ixia's solutions create real-world conditions by emulating a full range of high-scaling networking protocols and generating media-rich application traffic to validate performance, conformance and security of cloud, core, data center, wireless and multiplay networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.