Krispy Kreme Turns 75: A Worldwide Celebration of Joy
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This year marks 75 years of sharing delicious tastes, and creating fond memories and shared special moments through the joy that is Krispy Kreme® Doughnuts. In celebration of 75 years of love for its one-of-a-kind doughnuts, including the world-famous Original Glazed® doughnut - Krispy Kreme is inviting its fans around the globe to join the celebration. Post your Happy 75th Birthday message on a virtual Birthday Card, interact with the Time Machine of Joy, and share your sweetest Krispy Kreme memories at www.CelebrateKrispyKreme.com.
Krispy Kreme introduced its signature sweet treats on July 13, 1937 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Now world-famous for its Original Glazed® doughnut, iconic paper hat and alluring Hot Light®, Krispy Kreme doughnuts (KKD) can be found at more than 690 Krispy Kreme shops in 21 countries, and 10,000 mass merchants and grocery stores.
Krispy Kreme kicked off its 75th Birthday celebrations in February with the launch of the 2012 Glaze The Nation Tour, bringing its Krispy Kreme Cruiser and 75th celebration festivities to doughnut fans throughout the domestic United States. Today, the international sweet treat retailer is taking the celebration global with a virtual 75th celebration for doughnut fans of all ages.
"In addition to commemorating 75 years of delicious melt-in-your-mouth doughnuts and coffee, Krispy Kreme's birthday celebrates how the brand has touched and enhanced lives for generations," explains Dwayne Chambers, Chief Marketing Officer for Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation. "It is a birthday party that spans 21 countries and includes millions of Krispy Kreme fans who are devoted and passionate about how the brand has brightened their days and given them an extra bite of joy."
Krispy Kreme fans of all ages can join and share the 75th Birthday celebration with these interactive birthday activities at CelebrateKrispyKreme.com:
- Virtual Birthday Card: What birthday would be complete without a birthday card? Post your Happy Birthday wishes to Krispy Kreme and all the fans that share your joy for its one-of-a-kind delicious treats.
- Time Machine of Joy: Join in the celebration of 75 years with this interactive scrollable timeline complete with facts, pictures and fun.
- Go Social Globally: Choose a Country and Celebrate the Joy! See an array of Krispy Kreme international products and connect with Krispy Kreme shops around the world.
- Send a Birthday e-card: Send a bit of sweet happiness and joy to your family and friends with customizable e-cards.
- Share Your Krispy Kreme Memory: Everyone has a favorite Krispy Kreme moment. Share the Krispy Kreme photos and moments that make you smile.
- Follow the Krispy Kreme Cruiser: Follow the fun as the Krispy Kreme Cruiser surprises and delights Krispy Kreme US fans with special treats and prizes.
And the 75th celebration doesn't end there!
Stay connected with Krispy Kreme on CelebrateKrispyKreme.com, KrispyKreme.com, Facebook , foursquare and Twitter for updates and information on upcoming 75th products, global contests, and special Krispy Kreme promotions you won't want to miss!
About Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme is an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed® doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Today, Krispy Kreme can be found in approximately 690 locations around the world and approximately 10,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Visit us at www.KrispyKreme.com.
SOURCE Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation