Ventura County Sheriffs and Clark County Detention Center Deploy TASER X2 ECDs
SCOTTSDALE, AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 05/15/12 -- TASER International, Inc. (TASR) (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced several significant orders for its new TASER® X2" electronic control device (ECD). Many of these orders were purchased using a generous TASER X26 trade-in offer.
"In today's challenging economic times, it's important for law enforcement to justify every purchase," commented Rick Smith, CEO of TASER International. "We understand the struggles agencies face in keeping equipment up to date. To assist these agencies, we recently extended our ECD upgrade at $250 per unit through June 2012 to ensure their officers have state-of-the-art equipment to maximize their safety."
The following agencies have ordered TASER X2 ECDs and are expected to ship in the second quarter of 2012:
- Ventura County Sheriff's Department (CA) - 350 TASER X2 ECDs
- Clark County Detention Center (NV) - 205 TASER X2 ECDs
- Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Habitat (PA) - 200 TASER X2 ECD
- Shawnee County Sheriff's Office (KS) - 99 TASER X2 ECDs
- Wake County Sheriff's Office (NC) - 96 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oregon State Police (OR) - 70 TASER X2 ECDs
- Kansas Turnpike Authority (KS) - 50 TASER X2 ECDs
- Gwinnett County Police Department (GA) - 54 X2 ECDs
- Aventura Police Department (FL) - 33 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oregon Health and Science University Department of Public Safety (OR) - 32 TASER X2 ECDs
- Northlake Police Department (IL) - 27 TASER X2 ECDs
- Oakdale Police Department (MN) - 13 TASER X2 ECDs
- Tewksbury Police Department (MA) - 11 TASER X2 ECDs
- Largo Police Department (FL) - 10 TASER X2 ECDs
The TASER X2 was launched in 2011 as TASER's next generation ECD which provides a second shot capability, charge metering for improved safety, Trilogy" Logs with detailed firing and electrical pulse information, automatic shut off ability, compatibility with TASER CAM" HD audio/video camera system, and free data upload access to TASER's EVIDENCE.com" secure, cloud based data storage and management solution service.
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International, Inc. is a global provider of safety technologies that protect life and protect truth. More than 16,800 public safety agencies in 107 countries rely on TASER® electronic control devices (ECDs) and AXON on-officer camera systems to help protect and serve. Today, the use of TASER ECDs has saved more than 89,000 lives from potential death or serious injury while TASER innovations benefit individuals and families too, providing personal protection and accountability while maintaining regard for life. Since 1994, more than 244,000 individuals have relied on TASER technology as a means for effective personal safety. Learn more about TASER International and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737. Be a part of the TASER community by joining us on Facebook , LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube .
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, X2", AXON Flex", Trilogy" Logs, Smart" Cartridges, EVIDENCE.com" are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at http://investor.taser.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=129937&p=irol-safeharbor.
For investor relations information please contact Katie Pyra by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com, or Dan Behrendt, Chief Financial Officer of TASER International, Inc., 480-905-2002.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1983524
CONTACT: Steve Tuttle Vice President of Communications TASER International, Inc. Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000
Source: TASER International, Inc.