Fifth Third Bancorp 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report: Insight, Innovation, Impact Now Available
CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) has published its annual report on corporate social responsibility (CSR). It can be accessed as a website at www.53.com/csrreport and FSC-certified hard copies also are available in limited quantities.
The report is titled, "Insight > Innovation > Impact," and demonstrates the ways in which Fifth Third Bank endeavors to be a good corporate citizen in the communities it operates. The Company works to make a positive impact through its service to:
- Consumers: The Bank strives to financially empower people of all ages so they possess the knowledge and tools necessary to avoid financial pitfalls and achieve their goals. Programs include the Young Bankers Club, sponsorship of Dave Ramseys Foundations in Personal Finance curriculum for high school students and the Banks Financial Empowerment Mobiles, which are 40-foot metro buses that travel to underserved areas to provide financial education and access to traditional banking services.
- Communities: By striving to be a collaborative partner with local neighborhoods, the Bank works to help create and sustain vibrant and healthy environments where all people can flourish. Efforts include grants through our Enterprise Investment Fund, strategic investments through the Fifth Third Community Development Corporation and philanthropic gifts through our Fifth Third Foundation.
- Businesses: Fifth Third Bank is dedicated to being a Trusted Advisor to businesses of all sizes to help drive employment and development within local communities, including the opening of new branches in low- and moderate-income areas. The Bank also works to support early stage businesses through a new Direct Investment Program.
- Employees: The Banks mission is to be an Employer of Choice, a dynamic place where employees want to work, and also to support the causes and issues they care about. The Banks employees donated $6.3 million to United Way in 2011 and encourage the Banks sponsorship of local events ranging from health-related fundraisers to addressing basic community needs like hunger and shelter.
- Environment: The Banks sustainability program focuses on improving energy efficiency and facilitating recycling. The Bank opened its first two banking centers certified LEED Gold by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2011 and also implemented a campus-wide recycling and food scrap composting program at its Madisonville campus in Cincinnati.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $117 billion in assets and operates 15 affiliates with 1,318 full-service Banking Centers, including 105 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,394 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 39% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC, formerly Fifth Third Processing Solutions, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of March 31, 2012, had $296 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $26 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB." Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC
Fifth Third Bancorp
Stacie R. Haas, 513-534-5113
Source: Fifth Third BancorpCopyright Business Wire 2012